Fun & Healthy Snacks for Kids
Looking for a fast and healthy snack for the children Here are a few tasty ideas that you can surprise them with, or let them make on their own.
1. Bugs On A Log: They'll love it for the name! Basically spread peanut butter onto celery stalks, and then top with raisins (the bugs). Yummy.
2. Melon Balls: Show them that ice cream scoops can be used for over ice cream. Scoop the "meat" out of watermelon, honeydew, and cantaloupe and serve them on a tray with colorful toothpicks in each.
3. Quesadillas: You don't must drive to a Mexican restaurant to enjoy these melted treats. Basically sprinkle shredded cheese onto a tortilla. Fold the tortilla in half and microwave it until the cheese is gooey. Cut the quesadilla in to triangle-shaped wedges and dip in salsa.
4. Frozen Grapes: The whole relatives will enjoy this icy treat one time summer arrives. Place a washed bowl of grapes in to the freezer for an hour or so. Don't forget to cut the grapes in half for smaller children and toddlers.
5. Peanut Butter Squares: Children will eat anything that is covered in yummy peanut butter! Spread peanut butter onto a cracker (or a rice cake). Add a couple of apple slices then top with another cracker to form a tiny cracker sandwich.
6. Snackers Delight: Children alter their minds with the wind, so be prepared with a medley of their favorites! Fill each cup of a muffin tin with different treats such as nuts, raisins, cheese cubes, pretzels, carrot slices and sunflower seeds.